“I’ve bought a USB flash stick to carry around with me. What I want to is reformat it to FAT32 so I can transfer files between my Windows machine. How can I format this drive as FAT32? “
To format a USB Flash Drive to FAT32 in Windows follow the next steps:
Video Source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci97vafpMuw
Connect the USB Fash Drive to your computer.
- Click Start > Computer
- Right click the Flash drive if it shows up there
- Click FormatClick in the File system list box and select FAT32
- Click Start
If it doesn’t work, you can follow the next steps:
- Click Start, right click Computer
- Click Manage
- Expand Storage > click Disk Management
- Select the thumb drive in the Volume list
- Right click it and click Format
- Click in the File system: list box and select FAT32
- Click OK
Step by step To format a USB Flash Drive to FAT32 on Mac OS X:
Connect the USB Flash Drive to your Mac OS X .
- Go to the Disk Utility
- Select the Drive and click Erase.
- Enter the new name (OPTIONAL).
- Select MS-DOS(FAT) for Format.
- Select Master Boot Record for Scheme.
- Click Erase.
Okey, now we are ready to use the USB Flash Drive.